The handloom industry has the advantage of flexibility of a small production run, openness to innovation and experimentation and adaptability to suppliers requirements as well as wealth of tradition. In fact, Handloom products from India have carved a niche for themselves in the world textile market.
To showcase the ethnic ranges that India could produce, the Handloom Export Promotion Council (HEPC), a nodal agency set up by Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, is organizing an exclusive International fair for handloom products at Chennai Trade Centre from 16th to 18th February, 2011.
About 80 leading manufacturers and exporters with exclusive product ranges and designes from all over India are expected to participate in the three-day India International Handwoven Fair. The product on display includes the following:
- Table Linen (table cloth, place mats, table runners and napkins)
- Bed linen (bed spreads, bed covers, pillows, quilts, duvet covers, comforters)
- Bath linen (Towels, Bath robes etc.)
- Kitchen linen (tea towel, dish towel, hand towel, aprons, mittens, tea cosy etc.)
- Furnishing articles (cushions throws, bolsters, tapestry etc.)
- Curtains (drapers, blinds, and other window dressings, shower curtains, room dividers)
- Floor covering (floor mat, bath mat, floor carpet)
- Fashion accessories (shawls, scarves, stoles, bags etc.)
- Wall Hangings
- Gift & Home products
- Trimmings & Embellishments.
The special attraction of the fair includes Theme Pavilion, Technical Seminars and Workshops and One-to-One business meetings, besides visiting to manufacturing units of the participants.
As Argentina is an important market for Indian Handwoven products, and offers enormous scope for further enhancing Indias export, the Council would be pleased to invite potential buyers/importers from the region under your jurisdiction. We would, therefore, request you to kindly suggest names of potential buyers/importers so as to extend invitations to them directly from the Council. We shall also be grateful if you could also circulate our Application Form to such potential buyers/importers and obtain their profiles. A copy of the Application Form is attached herewith for your kind information.
The Council will be pleased to extend hospitality package for the interested business visitors, which includes the following:
- To and fro free airfare in economy excursion class
- Airport pickup, local transportation from Hotel to the Exhibition venue daily.
- Stay in Star Category hotel for 3 nights
- Long distance call charges, use of Business Centre/Health Club, Laundry, liquor etc. in the Hotel will be borne by the individual Buyers.
- The complimentary hospitality package is offered to only one Senior Executive per company.
- The Complimentary hospitality package will be confirmed to the Buyers who best match the profiles of the Exhibitors at the Fair.
We shall be grateful if you could kindly suggest names of potential business visitors interested to visit the Fair along with their company profile details. Once the information is received at our end, our Office will send a formal invitation letter to all the individual buyers.
Información: Consulado Honorario como a la Embajada de India en Buenos Aires (email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Eenam Gambhir)